About Hawaii Products Direct...
We are ALOHA PICKLES.... ONE BIG OHANA! Sharing yummy specialty items that have been apart of the Hawaiian Culture History.
Aloha Pickles has partnered with Punalu'u (Coral Spring Dive)Bakery to share amazing Hawaiian Sweetbread and other bakery specialties. What One Loaf can bring to a Ohana (Famiglia, Family)
About Punalu'u Bake Shop
Introduced to Hawai‘i by Portuguese sugar workers during the 19th century, sweetbread has become a time-honored favorite among residents and visitors alike. Punalu'u's delicately sweet and moist Hawaiian sweetbread at Punalu‘u Bake Shop originated from a traditional family recipe. When the recipe was adapted and prepared at a resort restaurant in Punalu‘u (Ka‘u District on the Big Island of Hawaii) in the 1970s, the sweetbread was an instant hit. To keep visitors and kama'aina supplied with this popular favorite, the Punalu‘u Bake Shop was opened in 1991.
Punalu'u offer their traditional sweetbread, as well as an array of flavored sweetbreads, dinner rolls and cookies:
- Macadamia nut sweetbread
- Guava sweetbread and dinner rolls
- Taro sweetbread and dinner rolls
- Cinnamon raisin macadamia nut sweetbread
- Kalakoa (a colorful blend of taro, mango and guava)
- Macadamia nut shortbread cookies (plain, coffee, guava, lilikoi, ginger, banana, and coconut)
Due to popular demand, we also now ship Punalu‘u Bake Shop Hawaiian sweetbread, shortbread cookies and our other bakery specialties!
Shop for your favorite bake shop items online today!
Did You Know?
- At latitude 19 degrees, four minutes north of the equator — the Punalu‘u Bake Shop and Visitor Center is the southernmost bakery in the U.S.A.
- Located on Mamalahoa Highway (Route 11) in the town of Na‘alehu, midway between Kailua-Kona and Volcanoes National Park, our bakery and visitor center welcome more than 200,000 visitors from around the world each year.